do something pretty

Friday, July 30, 2004

last night the moon was shining through my window, it wasn't quite a full moon, but it was close. it looked like a painting, round and bright and white, with a halo of hazy light surrounding it, and wisps of grey clouds half obscuring it. it threw a shaft of cool light into my room, and across my bed, the shaft of light moved slowly as the moon slowly rode across the sky, but i fell asleep before it reached my head.

with full moons and mozart and a room with a view, i have been feeling romantic. i had a dream that prolonged this mood, the feelings concerned with the dream have invaded the whole day and my mind keeps wandering back to it. nothing much happened in the dream, it was a boy, who took all the rings off my fingers and laid his head in my lap. i put my hand on his head. it was one of the best dreams i've had for a long time, i woke up feeling peaceful, i could almost still feel the weight and warmth of his body as he lay on the sofa, resting against me. i didn't want to move for a while, after i awoke, for fear of disturbing the feeling, but i needn't have worried because it has remained all through the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home